Religious School (TLC)
The Tikvah Learning Community (TLC) at CBT is an innovative, Jewish education program for grades K-10.
TLC seeks to foster a lifelong passion for Judaism in its participants. We believe that this is best achieved by working in partnership with families. Together, we build a strong Jewish community at CBT and beyond, further the inclusive values of our congregation, pursue social justice at every opportunity, and create a culture of living Jewishly in modern times.
TLC prides itself on its small class sizes of no more than 10 students, and on our knowing and loving each and every participant. Our passionate faculty has many years of teaching experience, and aims to foster a love for Judaism in all of our students.
Highlights of TLC include:
- Sunday-only program, with family Shabbatonim during the year
- Joyful and interactive learner’s services on Sundays
- Study of Hebrew and the concepts of Jewish culture (holidays, rituals, foods and more)
- Programming rooted in a commitment to Tikkun Olam (repairing the world). The TLC Teen program combines classroom learning with outside experiences.
- Meaningful field trips to museums and other exciting places, volunteering at food pantries, and doing Mitzvot at our school.
Every Sunday, Rabbi Lizzie begins our day with an interactive morning minyan. Parents are invited to stay and pray and learn with their children. We end the day with special programming, which often includes music, cooking, social action, art, and mitzvah projects.
For more information, email Michele Meyer, Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 856-983-8090.